PROGRAM OF WORK
The USEBC focuses on three primary services for its member companies: policy formulation and advocacy, business expansion, and network development.
Policy Formulation and Advocacy
The USEBC serves as an advocate for U.S. companies on macroeconomic, investment, and trade policies that enhance the ability of member companies to access the Egyptian market. The USEBC is the premier venue for addressing these and other issues both with the U.S. and Egyptian governments. Leveraging the U.S. Chamber’s position as the world’s largest business advocacy federation, the USEBC works to influence trade and investment policies that arise in U.S. and Egyptian legislative bodies.
The USEBC gives significant attention to the expansion of business opportunities for its member companies. It identifies projects, ventures, and partners that facilitate increased business for member companies.
The USEBC seeks to create formal and informal relationships with like-minded organizations in both the United States and Egypt. It also works to establish strategic ties with existing business development organizations in Egypt.
USEBC Policy Priorities
- Promote a U.S.-Egypt free trade agreement
- Advocate for increased dialogue on the economic partnership between Egypt and the United States
- Educate the U.S. Congress on the importance of the U.S.-Egypt commercial relationship
- Promote intellectual property rights
- Increase bilateral trade and investment
- Improve regulatory reform and decrease trade barriers
- Advocate for global entrepreneurship
- Strengthen educational training and enhance corporate responsibility
- Stimulate the services trade